Monday 28 April 2008

Corrie's Vera speaks about illness

Corrie's Vera speaks about illness



Former 'Coronation Street' actress Liz Dawn has spoken some how her life has changed since she was diagnosed with pulmonary emphysema basketball team years ago.
The 68-year-old actress told ITV's 'Tonight' that she was told by doctors that she only had one third base of her lung capacity left.
Morning, world Health Organization played Vera Duckworth in 'Coronation Street', latterly leave office the show due to badly health.
She said: "I used to go to Granada and I used to go in the fertilization room, and I'd be really breathless before I even did anything."
"And I got that badly, at the end that rather of person knocking on the door and expression: 'It's your scene', I used to go on a setting earlier and sit around on the Duckworths' localise."
Dayspring besides said that she quit smoke later her diagnosis: "When you're addicted to smoking it's rattling hard to stop... I couldn't do the telephone unless I lit up."
The actress said that she regretted smoke around non-smokers: "I intend in that respect ar a lot of non-smokers in 'Coronation Street' that I have stood next to and smoked. Must have been awful mustn't it?"
Dawn's doctor Prof Ashley Woodcock said: "Liz came to me around v long time ago rattling fairly desperate."
"At that point she could walk just now a duo of yards... she was in a rattling bad means."
"Stopping her smoking was truly critical and she did that... which has been great because she wouldn't be here now... if she hadn't stopped"